Ingredients （2 servings）
- [A] Ume fruit (remove the seed)…3 pcs
- [A] Green beans…6 pcs (pods)
- [A] Petite (cherry) tomatoes…6 pcs
- Chicken breast …1/2 pc
- Onions…1/4 pc
- [B] Garlic (chopped) …1 tsp
- [B] Ginger (chopped) …1 tsp
- The CHOYA Golden Ume Fruit …3 tbsp
- Water …3 cups
- Curry Mix/Roux (any) …50g
- Salad (vegetable) oil …2 tsp
- Soy sauce…1 tsp
- Cooked Rice…suitable amount
The sweetness and richness of the Umeshu gives the curry a mild and deep taste.
Cut the ume into two equal parts, the green beans into three equal parts, the petite (cherry) tomatoes into two equal parts, the chicken into bite-sized pieces, and the onions into wedges.
Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and bake the chicken from the skin side, first. When it is golden, turn it over and add the onions including the ingredients from [B] and fry stirring frequently. Then add The CHOYA Golden Ume Fruit.
Add water and simmer for 5 minutes, turn off the heat and dissolve the curry mix (roux).
Add [A] and heat again, simmer for 5 minutes. At last, season with the soy sauce.
Place warm cooked rice into a bowl and serve (4) on top.
Finely chop aromatic vegetables such as celery leaves or herbs and mix them with the rice to bring out the flavour even more.